Aspiring SM scholars can prepare for the opening of the SM College Scholarship Program online application for SY 2022-2023, which is set to open on January 15, 2022.
As the SM founder Henry Sy, Sr. believes that education is the best defense against poverty. SM Foundation provides college and technical-vocational scholarship grants as well as access to primary education through school buildings to help the youth achieve their dreams. The SMFI College Scholarship program is aimed at extending assistance to poor but deserving high school students to get a college education and build a better future for themselves and their families.
See also: CHED Scholarship 2021
SM Foundation Vision is to create the Philippines where everyone has the opportunity for self-improvement and the environment is sustained for future generations, while its mission is to make targeted social investments in education, health care, livelihood, and shelter to help under-served Filipinos improve their lives; and we will promote initiatives to protect and enhance the Philippines’ unique and diverse ecological heritage.
What are the Qualifications?
- A Grade 12 graduating student from public and private schools in the areas covered. Applicants from private schools must have a DepEd voucher and must be Grade 10 finishers from public high schools.
- Has a general weighted average grade of at least 92% or its equivalent for Grade 12 – 1st semester.
- Has a total household income of at most P150,000 per year.
What are the dates to remember?
|Start of Online Application Period||January 15, 2022|
|Deadline for Filing of Application||March 22, 2022|
What are the requirements needed?
- Accomplished online application form
- Attachments to the online application:
- Parent’s or Guardian’s 2019 Income Tax Return / Certification of Non-Filing of Income / Certificate of Indigency
- Latest Grade 12 report card
- Birth Certificate
- 2×2 ID picture
- Sketch of home to the nearest SM Mall
What are the scholarship benefits?
Successful applicants are entitled to the following benefits:
- Choice of specialization in accounting, information technology, engineering and education
- Full Tuition
- Monthly Allowance
- Part-time job opportunities during semestral and Christmas break
- Exclusive job offers with the SM group upon graduation
- Other fun-filled activities and enrichment programs
What are the Priority Courses?
An incoming college student must take up the following courses:
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Information Technology
- BS in Electronics and Communications Engineering/ BS In Electronics Engineering/ BS Electronics Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Civil Engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Accountancy
- BS in Accounting Technology
- BS in Accounting Information Systems
- BS in Internal Auditing
- BSBA in Financial Management
- BSBA in Management Accounting
- BS in Elementary Education
- BS in Secondary Education major in Biology, Chemistry, General Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, English
What are the areas covered?
|1. NCR||1. Capiz||1. Agusan del Norte|
|2. Albay||2. Cebu||2. Davao del Sur|
|3. Bataan||3. Iloilo||3. Misamis Oriental|
|4. Batangas||4. Leyte||4. South Cotabato|
|5. Benguet||5. Negros Occidental||5. Zamboanga del Sur|
|8. Camarines Norte|
|9. Camarines Sur|
|13. Nueva Ecija|
SM Foundation Contact Details
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Mobile No.: 0917 8090519
- Landline No.: (02)5527013/ (02)8570100 local 1688
See also: GSIS Educational Subsidy Program
Source : https://philippinego.com/3503/